Sunday, May 1, 2011

Picture Frame Terrarium

So I am excited to show you how to make this cute table top terrariums. I found a picture frame terrarium on http://www.countryliving.com/crafts/projects/make-terrarium-0410.  As I made my own I tweaked somethings
but I love my end result!

I started with two 8X10's two 5X7's  and four 4X6's picture frames. I bought mine at  Walmart but you can use frames from your local thrift store. 
I used 1" inch "L" bracket. I drilled a hole first then screwed the screw. Attach the 8x10 to the 5x7.  

Take the 4x6's using a flat bracket secure them together. Then use two "L" brackets at the top to make a "V" shape for the lid.
Secure the hinges too the lid and base.





This is what it should look like. You will need to cut two triangle shaped pieces of plywood for each side and for the bottom.

I used drywall paste to putty the holes and the seams of the terrarium.
on the sides of the terrarium I used this great textured wallpaper. I'am sooo excited for this product and all the  ideas running though my head!!
 I spray painted the whole thing with antique white and then put a brown glaze  over the whole terrarium. Glued the pieces of glass with a hot glue gun, Put a cute antique knob. This is the final product.    

LOVE IT !!!!

Link Parties!!!



Running with Glitter








craft


Photobuckett" />

http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com
http://www.creationsbykara.com/
http://www.mybackyardeden.com/
http://733blog.blogspot.com/
http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/ Photobucket http://www.allthingsheartandhome.com/ http://www.lilluna.com/ http://eisymorgan.blogspot.com/http://alliemakes.blogspot.com/
http://www.houseofhepworths.com/http://www.mybackyardeden.com/

dCVR4lRI/AAAAAAAAANc/jUG2GzYgAvE/inspiration%20friday%20button.jpg" />

31 comments:

  1. How adorable is this!!! Love how dramatic the change is from the original wood frames....Great eclectic chic appeal...

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.my.goodness. WOW! what a neat idea!!!! I am so in love with this and just might need to make one of my very own!

    ~Your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Did you use plastic or glass to fill in the other frames? I caught a reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, we use glass on all the frames:) Thanks for lookin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tutorial! Thank you for sharing it at Masterpeice Monday. Have great week, Mary :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO cool! What an awesome idea, and you pulled it off flawlessly! Wow, I really want to do this! I'd love for you to come visit me at www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo cute! And, if you lack a green thumb (like me) it would make a really cute and unique cloche. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clever and cute. I can just see one of these on my porch. Thanks for your tutorial. I have bookmarked this because it looks like something that I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo awesome!! Great job girl :)

    Xoxo Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I am a frame "junkie" and I've never thought of doing something like this! This is absolutely wonderful -- stunning! I am so saving this and your link for the future -- you did a beautiful, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pure genious!!! Love it! I'm your newest follower and will be featuring you on Saturday!
    www.acreativeprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool!! I must make one!! Thanks for your directions.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I thought this was such an amazing project, I plan on featuring it on my blog for a gift idea round up. Be sure to come on by and check it out, the post will be going up tomorrow. www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girls, this is AMAZING! I love what's in your heads - so creative - ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok...that is seriously INCREDIBLE!!! I just love it and scrolled up and down several times just to take it all in! It looks so beautiful and like something you would find in a little boutique shop (which would of course be expensive!). We are so thrilled that you shared this with us at Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did such a great job! I love the color and love the sides with the textured wallpaper.

    Nice job!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your terrarium directions will be easy to follow.
    I love it!

    Dee
    Your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is such a cool idea!! All the plants look very at home in there :)

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, BOutique girls :)! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? I hope to see you Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for mine for Mother's Day! Seriously the picture doesn't do it justice. So Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! You came! Your terrarium looks great :) Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGoodness, that looks awesome and your tutorial seems easy enough! Thanks for sharing.

    Enjoy your day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! It's absolutely gorgeous! What an incredible transformation from humble Walmart frames to a an elegant, vintage-looking artisan terrarium! I definitely think I'm going to have to try my hand at making one of my own -- so inspired!

    Glad to have seen your link-up at "What Allie's Making Now".

    New follower,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had just decided to make a lantern from frames until I saw this, I totally changed my mind, this is gorgeous!!!! Nice work, and thanks for linking-Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are featured this week at "Anti-Procrastination Tuesday" @ New Nostalgia! Thank you so much for linking up! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is gorgeous and a wonderful idea!!! I love it!!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fantastic idea. Do you mind if I feature this on my Building a Terrarium page?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I was in 3 hobby craft type stores today, you cant find cheap wood frames,an 8x10 was 14.99

    ReplyDelete